Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED) Tax Incentive Program
Request a free assessment of the eligibility of your current and future projects
Our team of engineers, specialized in IT, addresses the scientific and technological uncertainties related to this sector.
Our goal is to minimize your involvement and maximize your leverage.
This federal tax incentive program is the largest single source of federal government support for industrial R&D. It aims to encourage Canadian businesses in all sectors to conduct research and development (R&D) in Canada that will lead to new, improved, or technologically advanced products or processes.
What Kind of Projects Qualify?
To qualify for the SR&ED program, work must:
- advance the understanding of scientific relations or technologies;
- address scientific or technological uncertainty; and
- incorporate a systematic investigation by qualified personnel.
The following projects are eligible for benefits under the program:
- experimental development to achieve technological advancement to create new materials, devices, products, or processes, or improve existing ones;
- applied research to advance scientific knowledge with a specific practical application in view;
- basic research to advance scientific knowledge without a specific practical application in view; and
- support work in engineering, design, operations research, mathematical analysis, computer programming, data collection, testing, or psychological research, but only if the work is commensurate with, and directly supports, the eligible experimental development, or applied or basic research.